GRACE (Grounding RRI Actions to Achieve Institutional Changes in European Research Funding and Performing Organisations) is a H2020 funded project under the specific objective “Science with and for Society”. Its goal is to support the European Commission’s objective of spreading and embedding Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) in the European Research Area.
For almost three years, GRACE project partners have worked towards implementing fundamental institutional change in 6 research performing and funding organisations. With an intense mutual learning programme and a co-creation environment, six expert partners have supported six other partners in developing a set of specific RRI-orientated Grounding Actions in their organisation. These actions have provided a basis for developing tailored 8-year RRI Roadmaps within these institutions to ensure their sustainability and full implementation over the long-term.
As the project comes to an end, project partners will share their findings and provide stakeholders with useful knowledge to implement RRI in research performing and funding organisations by organising a set of eight thematic webinars.
From 26 October to 14 December, these webinars will each address a different topic related to GRACE, with the participation of experts inside and outside of the project.
- 26 October: Main considerations at the start of an RRI project
- 2 November: Making the case for Public Engagement
- 9 November: The challenges of developing gender equality plans (GEPs) in Research Funding Organisations
- 16 November: Public Engagement from the Research Funding Organisations’ Perspective
- 23 November: Evaluating the Impacts and Benefits of RRI initiatives
- 30 November: Bottom-up RRI initiatives
- 7 December: Ethics and Data Protection in Humanities Research
- 14 December: RRI & Sustainability: shifting Responsibly towards a Circular Economy
Each webinar will take place online from 2:00pm to 3:30pm CET.